Please don’t go, but if you must, here's what will happen to your KiwiSaver fund.

If you’ve moved overseas permanently and have been living overseas for a minimum of one year you can withdraw your savings.

If, in a moment of madness, you have chosen to live in Australia you can’t cash in your account, you can transfer your KiwiSaver fund to an approved super fund under the Trans-Tasman Portability Scheme. Speak directly to your Aussie super scheme to initiate the transfer.

Did this answer your question?